Thanks for choosing Floorspace for your vacation rental website! In this article, we’ve outlined some basic information to help you get started setting up your new website. If you need help, please feel free to email email@example.com and we’ll answer any questions you have.
Customize your website
Add your own content and styles to showcase your unique vacation rental property.
Your site can have as many or as few pages as you want.
Go to Website > Pages to see a list of your pages.
To create a new page, click the ‘Add New’ button. Give your page a title, some content, and then click ‘Publish’ to make your page live.
Want to add a page to your navigation menu? Go to Website > Customize and click on ‘Menus’ > ‘Main Menu’ to add your new page to the list of links in your navigation menu.
Customize the design of your site
Go to Website > Customize to customize the fonts, colors, and homepage content of your website.
Start by choosing a Theme Preset. Click on ‘Theme presets’ and select different options until you find one that you like. You can use the preset as is, or further customize it. Click the back arrow button to return to the other Customization options.
Explore the different customization options. You can edit things like the number of photos on the homepage, the background color, fonts, and more.
Want something totally custom? We can help! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get a quote for custom web design for your site.
Add your Instagram feed to your website
Go to Website > Instagram. Click ‘Remove’ to remove the Floorspace Instagram feed from your site. Click the ‘Connect an Instagram Account’ button, and sign in with your Instagram credentials.
As long as ‘Footer Instagram Feed’ is turned on under Website > Customize > Footer, your Instagram account should show up in the footer of your website. Note that it may take 1-2 hours for new photos you post to show up on your website.
If you want to turn this off, or adjust any of the settings, you can do so under Website > GDPR Consent. Be aware that if you are marketing to people in the EU, you are legally required to notify website users about website cookie use.
Connect a custom domain to your site
If you selected a custom domain during sign up, it will become active once you make your first payment.
If you did not choose a custom domain, you can set up your website to use your own domain. Click on the ‘Account’ page and follow the instructions under the ‘Custom Domain’ section. Email email@example.com if you have any trouble setting this up, and we’ll be happy to help.
Set up booking & payments
*If you are on our Basic plan, upgrade your plan to include online booking and payment processing.
Your Floorspace account allows you to accept reservations and online payments right on your own website! Here are the steps needed to get your booking calendar and online payment gateways up and running.
Sync your booking calendar with Airbnb, VRBO, etc.
Read this article for how to sync your website booking calendar with Airbnb and VRBO or other online booking platform.
Here is a brief overview of some of the ‘Bookings’ pages in your account:
- All Bookings – See a list view of all your bookings (both from your website and imported from other platforms)
- Calendar – View all bookings in a calendar format
- Payments – View a history of all your payments through your website.
- Seasons – Seasons are date ranges during which you want to charge specific rates. Set up as many seasons as you want. These can include long seasons like ‘Winter’ or ‘Summer’, or you can also create shorter, more specific seasons like ‘Weekends – 2020’ or ‘Beyonce Concert.’
- Rates – Rates are used to offer different prices depending on extra conditions. If you don’t offer any upgrade options, you can just use the default ‘Standard Rate.’ Important note: Order your seasons with the most expensive at the top, so that if there are any seasons that have overlapping date ranges, the most expensive one will take priority. To edit the rate’s seasons, click ‘Edit’ under ‘Standard Rate’ and drag the rates. Click ‘Enable Variable Pricing’ if you want to charge different prices based on the number of guests.
- Booking Rules – Here you can specify check-in and check-out days (leave as is if you don’t want to limit days that guests can check in or out, and max and min stays.
- Taxes & Fees – Want to add a cleaning fee? Need to collect local taxes? Add these here.
- Coupons – Create coupon codes you can use to offer discounts for booking on your site.
- Services – Services are extra offers that you can sell or give for free. E.g. Thai massage, transfer, babysitting. Guests can pre-order them when placing a booking.
- Property Settings – Select the amenities, guest capacity, and add any services you want to offer.
- Reports – Export a .csv file of your bookings.
- Sync Calendars – Sync your booking calendar with your other online booking platforms like Airbnb, VRBO, or any iCal format calendar. Read more about how to sync your Airbnb and VRBO booking calendars with your website.
- Settings – Here is where you configure things like check-in and check-out times, confirmation and cancellation emails, and your payment gateways (like PayPal and Stripe). Read this article for how to add online booking and payments to your website.
Use your blog
Your Floorspace blog is a great way to promote your vacation rental property. You might consider writing short posts about fun things to do in your area, local business reviews, sharing reviews and stories from your guests, or a hundred other ideas. With the right content strategy, your blog can even help you rank higher in Google searches for things like “Vacation Rental Properties in [City, State].”
Floorspace is built on WordPress, so you get access to an easy-to-use, search engine and SEO-friendly blogging platform.
Create a post
Go to Blog > Posts to see a list of your posts. To create a new post, click ‘Add New.’ Give your post a title, add some content, and then click ‘Publish’ or save your post as a draft for later.
Note: You can either edit or trash the ‘Hello World!’ post that is included by default.
By default, anyone can comment on your blog posts. If you want to turn commenting off, go to Blog > Settings and uncheck ‘Allow people to post comments on new articles.’ Adjust any other settings on this page as you want, including whether you must manually approve comments.
Once you receive comments, they will show up in Blog > Comments as a list. You can then approve or delete them.
Categories and tags
Go to Blog > Categories and Blog > Tags to organize your blog posts with categories and tags that you set up.
Your new website
The information in this article should help you get your website set up.
We’re so excited for you and your new website, and we want to make your experience using Floorspace as pleasant as possible! If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll answer any questions you have.