If you list your property on both Airbnb and Booking.com, you can sync your calendars to help prevent multiple guests from booking the same dates on different platforms. Both Airbnb and Booking.com use the same iCal calendar format, and can easily be synced with each other, and with other calendars like Google.
Follow this 2-part process to connect your Booking.com and Airbnb iCal calendars.
Be aware that your calendars won’t sync immediately. Your Booking.com and Airbnb calendars may take a few hours to update. If you want a real-time connection, you’ll need to use a channel manager.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, and we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
Part 1: Import your Airbnb calendar into Booking.com
- On Airbnb.com, go to Host and select Listing.
- Click Availability and scroll down until you see Sync calendars.
- Under Sync calendars, select Export Calendar.
- Copy the Airbnb calendar link/URL.
- In your Booking.com account, click on the Calendar or Rates & Availability tab, and select Sync Calendars.
- Click on Add calendar connection.
- Paste your Airbnb calendar link into the field, give it a name, and then click Next step.
Part 2: Import your Booking.com calendar into Airbnb
- Still in your Booking.com account, click on Copy link to copy your Booking.com iCal link.
- Go back to your Airbnb listing and under Sync Calendars, click Import Calendar.
- Paste your Booking.com calendar link, name your calendar (e.g., Booking.com), and click Import Calendar.
In your Booking.com account, you should now see your Airbnb calendar in your overview of connections. You’ll likely see the status as Activating while the connection is being set up. Once your calendars are synced, the status will change to OK.
And that’s it! Your Booking.com calendar will now pull in bookings from Airbnb, and vice versa.
How to Avoid Double Bookings
Remember that your iCal calendars will not update immediately. Airbnb and Booking.com calendars usually take a couple of hours to update. This leaves room for the possibility of double bookings.
Depending on how frequently you get bookings, the chances that two different guests will book the same dates within a few hours of each other may be relatively low.
But if you’re concerned about the possibility of double bookings, you do have a couple of options.
1. Manually Refresh Your Calendars
You can manually click the Update/Refresh buttons in your Airbnb or Booking.com account whenever you get a new booking. Given that part of syncing your calendars is to avoid manually updating them, this isn’t the best solution. But if you’re available as booking notifications come in, this is something you could consider doing.
2. Use a Vacation Rental Channel Manager
The simplest and most effective way to avoid double bookings is to use a channel manager. Software platforms like Uplisting or Lodgify offer channel management features to keep all your channels (Airbnb, Booking.com, VRBO, direct booking website, etc.) synced. Check out our post on the best vacation rental channel managers.
Make sure whatever channel manager you choose uses an API integration, rather than relying on iCal calendar sync (which is the process we covered in this post). Otherwise you’ll experience the same time delay.